South Carolina Youth Soccer Olympic Development Program (ODP)
The United States ODP (Olympic Development Program) was created by USYS (United States Youth Soccer) in 1977 to identify a pool of players in each age group from which a National Team will be selected for international competition. The philosophy of ODP is simple: to identify players of the highest caliber on a continuing and consistent basis, which will lead to increased success for the United States National Teams in the international arena.
The SC Olympic Development Program is designed to complement a player’s club training. ODP events are scheduled around SC Youth Soccer play dates and major College Showcase Tournaments. Players receive training and exposure to some of the top collegiate, club, and national team coaches in our state and region. Training events, interstate competitions, and regional camps are designed to develop players, while competing at the highest level of youth soccer. Through ODP players may be identified for both Region III and National team competitions.
The benefits of participating in ODP include
- The opportunity to train and play with many of the best players in one’s age group.
- Quality instruction from nationally licensed coaches.
- Quality competition. Games against other state association ODP teams.
- Exposure to regional and national team coaches.
- The opportunity to represent one’s state, region, or country in competition.
- Further exposure to college coaches.