Academy (U8-U12): The Academy program provides the bridge between development soccer and competitive (Select) soccer. In this program teams are formed within the U8-U12 age groups. Academy teams participate in South Carolina Youth Soccer Association’s (SCYSA’s) Coastal League with regional travel. Player development is the core focus of our Academy program and provides professional instruction for players who have a strong desire to increase technical skills & learn more about tactical aspects of the game. All players in the Academy are coached by licensed, professional coaches, playing on dedicated fields with training three nights a week. Academy trainers follow an established curriculum that allows them to better prepare players for more competitive soccer. Technical and goalkeeper training is offered weekly.
- Annual Registration Fee: $50/year
Cost includes – administrative costs, overhead and staffing expenses.
- Club Fees: $325/season or $600/full year
Cost includes – insurance, governing organizational fees, league fees, field usage and maintenance, administrative costs, overhead expenses necessary to maintain the organization, licensed coaching staff, technical and goalkeeper training sessions, etc.
- Team Fees: $150-$250/season
Cost includes – tournament entry fees, referee fees and coaching travel expenses. Costs vary by team and are based on the age group, scheduled tournaments and number of league games.
- Uniform Fees: $100-$150
Cost includes – (2) game shorts, (2) jerseys, and (2) pairs of game socks.
Optional uniform items are available for purchase.
- Evaluation Fees:
Cost includes – training jersey, player registration, and staff/coaching costs.
(Online) – $30
Players are strongly encouraged to register online, as multi-player discounts will not be honored during walk-up registration.
(Walk-up) – $40
Payment is due at the time of registration for evaluations – cash or check only. Multi-player discounts will not be honored during walk-up registration.
- Refer to the Events Calendar for specific dates for each age group.
- Players must arrive 30 minutes prior to their first session for proper check-in. All players must be ready to start promptly at the beginning of each session. Players arriving after the scheduled start session may be turned away and asked to return on the next scheduled night for their age group.
- We kindly request that parents remain close to the Clubhouse or parking lot during the course of evaluations. We would like to conduct these sessions in as much of a stress-free environment as possible. Thank you for your cooperation.
- SSC offers a $5 discount to any household that has more than one player attending Evaluations. To receive the discount code, please contact Nydia Shelton <email@example.com> prior to registering online for Evaluations – be sure to include the number of players registering so the correct discount codes are sent. Parents will receive a response within 24 hours. These codes are time sensitive – be prepared to register your player within 48 hours of receiving the code.
- Rolling admission to the Academy program is potentially available following evaluations if team sizes allow. Contact SSC’s Executive Director, Doug Kifer <firstname.lastname@example.org>, for more information.